Our Public Law team were recently awarded ‘Public Law Team of the Year’ at the 2020 Wales Legal Awards.
Here are a few of their reported cases:
- Re Sarika Angel Watkins-Singh v The Governing Body of Aberdare Girls’ High School & Rhondda Cynon Taf Unitary Authority –  EWHC 1865 (Admin) – School Uniform
- R (on the application of Roberts) v The Welsh Ministers (2011) EWHC 3416 (admin) – School Closure.
- R (on the application of Flatley) v Hywel Dda UHB  EWHC 655 (Admin) – Hospital closure/downgrade
- R (On the application of Thomas) v Hywel Dda University Health Board  EWHC 4044 (Admin); (2015) PLLR 018 – Hospital closure/downgrade
- R (On the application of Tilley) v Vale of Glamorgan Council  All ER (D) 64 (Nov) – Library Closure.
- R (On the application of Edwards) v Flintshire County Council  EWHC 459 (Admin) (2016) E.L.R 208 – School Closure
- R (On the application of Tilley 2) v Vale of Glamorgan Council (2016) EWHC 2272, Law Society Gazette, 16 January 2017 – Library Closure
- R (On the application of LB) v Independent Appeals Panel of Newport City Council (2017) EWHC 2216 (Admin) – School Exclusion
- Page, R (On the Application Of) v Darlington Borough Council (2018) EWHC 1818 – Library Closure
- WX, R (On the Application Of) v Northamptonshire County Council, QBD – Administrative Court  EWHC 2178 (Admin) – Library Closures
- R (on the application of DJ) v Welsh Ministers QBD (2018) EWHC 2735 (Admin) – Specialist Further Education
- R on the application of Shane Williams v Caerphilly County Borough Council  EWHC 1618 (Admin);  6 WLUK 352- Leisure Centre Closure
- R (DJ) v Welsh Ministers  EWCA 1349- Court of Appeal- Specialist Further Education
- R (Driver) v Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council  EWHC 2071 (Admin)- School & Sixth Form Closures/Reorganisation
- R (ZK) v London Borough of Redbridge  EWCA Civ 1597,  12 WLUK 2 – Court of Appeal – Special Educational Needs