Chat with us, powered by LiveChat
Joanne Whitehead
Solicitor, Associate and Head of Property Team
Commercial Property Property Residential Property

Joanne joined Watkins & Gunn in 2018. She is a solicitor and an Associate in the firm and the Head of our Property Team.

Experience

Joanne has acquired a wealth of experience in both the residential and commercial property sectors during her impressive career to date. She trained at Eversheds, before qualifying into that firm as a Real Estate Lawyer, where she specialised in property investment and related finance matters, including  portfolio acquisition and disposals, residential and mixed use developments, estate management work and asset management work. Thereafter, Joanne joined international law firm, Cameron McKenna, specialising in sales, acquisitions and lettings and property finance matters. She then became In House Legal Counsel at Annington Homes Ltd, the largest private owner of residential property in the UK, handling all property related legal matters for the companies in the Annington Group.  She then took a career break to concentrate on her young family and we are very fortunate that she has chosen to join us on her return to the workplace.

She now spends 90%  of her time dealing with residential property matters including sales, purchases, transfers of equity and re-mortgages and the remaining 10% is made up of commercial property matters.

During her career Joanne has dealt with hundreds of matters of varying nature and complexity and is looking forward to being able to use her expertise  to grow and develop our Property Team.

Professional Qualifications

  • Law and English Literature Degree
  • Graduate Diploma in Law
  • Legal Practice Course
  • Real Estate Diplom

Professional Memberships

  • Member of the Law Society of England and Wales

Outside of Work

Joanne enjoys travelling and reading (when she is not managing her son’s Under 7’s Rugby Team).

Recent Testimonials

 “Fantastic” Conveyancing “throughout the Covid-19 lockdown”

“Highly recommend Watkins & Gunn. They have been fantastic throughout the Covid-19 lockdown period and have kept us informed of progress throughout. They have made moving house a lot less stressful.”

“Above and beyond conveyancing!” during lockdown

“Thank you to Joanne, Jan, Lizzy and Tia for all of your hard work.
Watkins and Gunn Property Team have provided my husband and I with a professional, prompt and friendly service throughout the sale of my house.
Always quick to answer any queries and questions that we had from beginning to end.
Even under present circumstances and throughout the process, they have been able to get things done and have gone above and beyond without fault and always happy to help
They regularly and efficiently kept in touch via telephone and gave the impression that nothing was too much trouble, Their overall responses were very helpful and quick.
Any documents that were sent out were done so efficiently. We would definitely use Watkins and Gunn again and would highly recommend.”

 

 

Contact Details
Telephone
0300 1240 400

Joanne Whitehead is a Solicitor and Head of the Property Team.

COVID-19 

We are delighted to announce that our offices are now open to the public  between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday, by appointment.

We will continue to provide our services remotely outside those hours so that you will be able to contact us between 8.3oam and 5pm.

We have followed Welsh Government guidance to allow us to open our doors safely. We have hand sanitisers, PPE, protective screens and are enforcing  two metre spacing. We have also limited the numbers allowed in our buildings by operating a rota of those office working and those working remotely.

Go to our CoVid 19 page for more information.

Thank you for your continued patience at this difficult time.

Stay safe and well.