Rhys is a Solicitor within the Public Law department who specialises in Education Law and is passionate in assisting students and parents.
Rhys has extensive experience in assisting students with University disputes across England & Wales. Universities often change their procedures/regulations and policies and Rhys will help you navigate these complex processes. Rhys is able to assist with the following:
- University Complaints
- Academic Appeals
- Non‐academic Appeals
- Admission Appeals
- Disciplinary appeals
- Fitness to Practise Proceedings
- Plagiarism appeals
- PhD Appeals
- Complaints to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education (OIA)
Rhys is also able to assist with school related disputes and is able to help with the following:
- Permanent Exclusion Appeals – Board of Governors and Independent Review Panel
- School Admission Appeals
- School Complaints
Rhys assists the Public Law department who act for children and young people with SEN in order to secure appropriate education:
- Securing an Educational Health and Care (EHC) Needs Assessment
- Appeals against a refusal to make an EHC Needs Assessment
- Appeals against a refusal to issue an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- Contents of Sections B, F and I of an EHCP
- Judicial Review
Rhys understands the importance of the needs of his clients and the need to explain advice in a clear and concise manner.
Our public law department also bring challenges to school reorganisation, school closures and challenge to library closures which will reassure clients that we have the education and wellbeing of students at heart.