Fay is a Consultant in our Wills & Probate team as a Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning specialist. She regularly helps individuals, families and business owners to develop solutions and plans that advantage of opportunities to save on Inheritance Tax.
Fay is a solicitor with over over 30 years’ worth of experience, having qualified as a solicitor in 1983. Fay joined Watkins & Gunn in 2016. As well as being a Wills & Estates planning specialist, she also acts in the administration of estates and in the preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney. including those for high net worth individuals. Fay also has considerable experience in trust creation and administration. She also regularly advises individuals and families on Later Life matters, for specific needs that the elderly might have to ensure asset protection, powers of attorney & Court of Protection applications.. Her workload is split as follows – 35% on probate matters, 30% on Wills, 30% Lasting Powers of Attorney matters and 5% trusts.
- Qualified as a Notary Public in 1996
- A Trusts and Estate Practitioner (TEP) for over 20 years.
- STEP: Fay established the Wales branch of STEP (the Society of Trusts & Estates Practitioners) in the 1990’s and was branch secretary for many years. She remains an active member of the local branch.
- A member of the Notaries Society.
- Acts a trustee for a small private charitable trust fund
Outside of work
Fay is a very keen fan of rugby (Wales & Llanelli Scarlets) and football (Everton) and has recently taken up ballroom dancing. She enjoys travelling, yoga and the theatre.