Linda is a solicitor and Head of our Private Client team at Watkins & Gunn, covering Wills & Probate matters, estate administration, Court of Protection and Lasting Powers of Attorney support as well as tax and wealth management support. She also runs our dedicated Later Life team, helping to tailor this advice for those over 55.
Linda qualified as a solicitor in 2008. She effectively handles a mix caseloads encompassing Wills, high net worth/complex probates, Lasting and Enduring Powers of Attorney and Tax planning. She is proud to continue the successful growth of our private client work and as Head of department, Linda is responsible for the supervision and development of staff and creating new opportunities for the team.
She joined Watkins & Gunn in 2006, initially as a paralegal. She gained a training contract in 2006 and qualified as a solicitor with the firm in 2008. She went on to amass experience in specialist private client firms in England and then took a two-year career break to teach Law and Business at college and comprehensive schools. In 2014, Linda re-joined us and became Head of the department in 2015!
- University of Wales Swansea – Postgraduate Certificate in Education with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) (2013)
- Society of Trusts and Estates (STEP) Diploma Trusts and Estate Accounting (2010)
- Society of Trusts and Estates (STEP) Diploma Administration of Trusts (2008)
- Society of Trusts and Estates (STEP) Diploma Trusts and Estates (2008)
- Cardiff University Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (2006)
- University of Wales Swansea – Law L.L.B (2005)
- Member of Solicitors for the Elderly
- Member of The Law Society of England & Wales’ Private Client Section
- Member ofThe Law Society of England & Wales’ Wills & Inheritance Quality Scheme
Outside of Work:
Linda keeps herself just as busy outside of work as in it; attending gym classes, swimming, spending time with her friends and family (including her nieces) and ensuring her boxer dog gets plenty of fresh air, walking up (and down) mountains!